Director, Capture Leader
BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems Sector is seeking experienced capture leaders to win new business in our emerging markets. Electronic Systems is pursuing growth markets in electronic warfare, C4ISR Systems, precision weapon systems, self protection systems in the US DoD and international markets. This key leadership position will drive growth though the development and execution of capture/ campaign strategies, establishing a position to win and driving to closure through contract award. A key component to success is comprehensive internal and external customer interaction, creating the alignment with the company’s value proposition and the customer’s needs. The successful candidate will utilize the full breadth of company resources to solve our customer’s challenges and demonstrate the ability to influence the customer stakeholders.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team, deliver advanced technologies and capabilities and provide the Warfighter a mission critical advantage. “We protect those who protect us ® “.
Location: Flexible, but near a BAE Systems site Required Skills and Education Minimum Requirements:
- Secret Clearance with ability to achieve TS/ SCI.
- BS Engineering or related technical degree.
- Minimum 15 year of Defense Industry experience.
- Demonstrated success in leading and winning contracts >$100M.
- Knowledge of Government/DoD contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Ability to shape Section L and Section M criteria to maximize scoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Lead capture teams to develop and execute capture/ campaign strategies to drive business growth.
- Engage with key external and internal decision makers as a thought leader in the mission and market space.
- Engage and inform executive leadership with the voice of the customer and advocate internally for the actions and commitments necessary to win.
- Emphasize mission awareness and drive solutions to provide value to the customer’s end user, enhancing mission success.
- Lead customer engagements to create trust.
- Influence requirements to ensure BAE discriminating elements are valued.
- Create an environment that inspires employees with goal directed activities and strive for continuous improvement.
- Build culture of transparency; foster collaboration; accept coaching. · Demonstrate passion to win.
- Lead by example.
- Maintain a strategic perspective on your capture/campaign and constantly seek signs of customer alignment and validation.
- Develop effective business cases, strategic partner relationships and drive technology development plans.
- Drive a competitive awareness culture and establish a rigorous, ethical CI campaign to monitor external threats and opportunities.
- Seek external sources to continually validate strategic objectives and progress.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships.
- Participate in speaking engagements, briefings and thought leadership activities representing BAE capabilities.
- Embrace and add value to the BAE Systems capture process and utilize reviews and assessments to refine and improve your capture/campaign effort. Lead capture efforts, to include: developing overall win strategy, shaping deal with customer, developing teaming strategy and closing with teammates; understanding pricing and driving winning price; and assessing customer requirements and competitor strategies.
- Manage tactics and actions necessary to implement strategy and control new business funding and related IR&D expenditures.
- Support business operating reviews with periodic reporting and status updates.
- Obtain and maintain capture management certification.
- Maintain currency with capture, program management and business development skill through in-house and external training. Hire, mentor, coach and train BD Managers and business area personnel to support business growth. Preferred Skills and Education · US Citizen, Top Secret Clearance with recent SCI Billet.
- MS Engineering or higher; and/or MBA.
- Minimum 20 year of Defense Industry experience.
- Black Belt equivalent Certification in Capture Management, per emerging industry standards.
- Knowledge of FMS/ DCS sales processes for military equipment and knowledge of International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in electronic warfare, C4ISR Systems, precision weapon systems, self protection systems or select international markets.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top