Director Business Development - Technology Solutions - Arlington, VA or Merrimack, NH
Working with VP/GM of the Business Area and key Technology Group directors/ managers, will shape and drive investment/new business growth roadmaps. Develop and execute a plan to fill orders pipeline with qualified opportunities that support the Business Areas strategic plan to outperform the market.
1. Grow the orders pipeline within TS through the creation, identification and qualification of quality opportunities
2. Refine and support the TS Business Development strategy and methodology
3. Aggressively seek new business opportunities that are consistent with both the Business Area and Sector strategies by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and intercompany collaboration opportunities.
4. Collaborate on the growth of advanced technologies and capabilities to support future customer needs
5. Support the ES Business Development requirements through data requests, strategy meetings, and networking opportunities
6. Function as an integral member of the business leadership team to improve business execution/management and define growth strategies and opportunities
7. Mentor and develop Business Development and program managers assigned to Technology Solutions
Location: Arlington, VA or Merrimack, NH
Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree and 15 years related experience
Proven ability to grow the IBP with quality orders; Shaping, identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities; Prioritization of new business opportunities and resources to be applied; Creation and development of individual opportunity marketing plans and capture strategies, as well as for the campaign level marketing and strategies; Able to capture and win new business; Problem Solving and analytical skills to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision; Ability to hire, mentor, coach and train BD Managers and business area personnel to support business growth; Capable of tailoring business winning processes and leveraging business winning tools (Price-to-win, …) to ensure lean, effective business winning; Ability to collaborate/partner with BAE Systems, Industry partners and our customers and lastly; able to be a trusted advisor to the Business Area VPGM and the Sector VP of BD.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top