Director Business Development - Survivability, Targeting, & Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area
This senior level position has leadership responsibilities for business development within the Survivability, Targeting, & Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area. The role reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for the ES Sector and will support the VP/GM of the STS Business Area. The STS business area recently expanded in terms of scale and scope of capabilities and markets served. This business area has unique dual selling systems for defense and commercial markets, both domestic and internationally. A primary responsibility of this role is to grow the orders pipeline within STS through the creation and qualification of quality opportunities, as well as meeting commercial sales quotas and leading worldwide distributor networks. Product categories for this billion-dollar-plus business include high performance sensors, thermal weapon sights, night-vision goggles, precision guidance systems, missile warning systems, infra-red countermeasures, heads up displays, helmet mounted displays, and international avionics sales and support.
The role will be key in the development of new business strategies, integration of multiple business development and sales/marketing models, and collaboration on product and technical road maps. It will require frequent customer contacts and a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements. The selected person will work with P&L centers, subsidiaries, Product Line Directors, and key program managers to shape and drive investment/growth plans. They will also develop and execute a plan to fill orders pipeline with qualified opportunities that support the Business Areas strategic plan to outperform the market.
Other responsibilities include:
1. Grow the orders pipeline within STS through the creation and qualification of opportunities.
2. Aggressively seek new business opportunities that are consistent with both the Business Area and Sector strategies by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration opportunities.
3. Identify/qualify new growth markets outside of core areas to include adjacent markets and customers.
4. Senior level engagement with end customers, primes and partners to support the development of winning campaign strategies that improve the quality and depth of our market and competitor intelligence to influence/enhance our win strategies.
5. Refine and implement an STS business development, sales and marketing execution strategy, methodology and con-ops.
6. Collaborate on the growth of advanced technologies and capabilities to support future customer needs.
7. Support ES Business Development and sales requirements through training, development, data requests, strategy meetings, and networking opportunities .
8. Function as a member of the Business Development leadership team and pivotal member of the functional organization.
9. Function as a member of the STS Business Area leadership team to improve business execution/management and define growth strategies/opportunities across the sector.
10.Talent Management – Identify, mentor and develop business development and sales/marketing team members assigned to STS Business Area.
Location: preferrably New Hampshire, but flexible for the right candidate Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree and 18+ year(s) related experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree and 18+ year(s) related experience
- Experience with defense, commercial, and international customers in EO/IR product category
- Ability to identify key growth areas and developing new business aligned with the company’s growth strategy
- Extensive experience in DoD
- Experience in Commercial Markets
- International Business Development experience (commercial and DoD)
- Commercial Sales models
- New business capture experience
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Leadership of a partially remotely located BD team
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top