Director Business Development - Intelligence Agency - Langley, Va
The Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Director of Business Development, for a Government Intelligence Agency in Langley, Virginia (primary account). This position, located in Mclean, Virginia, will report directly to the Vice President Business Development for Global IT Solutions and is responsible for developing BAE Systems IT and Cyber business and capabilities across the Intel Community. Candidate will have a strong understanding of the major acquisition vehicles used by the Langley customer for IT and Cyber and will need to bring, develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers within these accounts.
Required Skills and Education The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of all the assigned accounts, including their IT infrastructure, mission solution requirements and challenges.
Must perform the following:
- Build, mature and execute comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness and awards.
- Identify and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with I&S core IT and Cyber capabilities and strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements and to position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader.
- Develop and maintain strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets
- Support capture activities on all opportunities identified by the candidate
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- Creation of strategic account/campaign plans outlining vision, objectives, strategies and tactics consistent with corporate strategies and objectives, and action plans
- Identify and qualify a pipeline of significant opportunities ranging in value from $20M to >$1B consistent with account/campaign plans.
- Knowledge of customer mission, buying behaviors (acquisition organizations), and major programs and systems
- Current customer contacts at assigned accounts and the ability to maintain customer relationships with senior or director level officials
- Current industry relationships.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market,
- Demonstrated success in being a key contributor in winning a large >$100M contract.
- Strong analytical skills to assess customer requirements and competitor strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years of relevant experience required
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top