Director Business Development - Commercial Avionics Business Area (CAS)
This position has leadership responsibilities for business development within the Commercial Avionics Business Area. The role reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for the ES Sector and will be responsible to the VP/GM of the Business Area in support to the Product Line Directors. Successful achievement of assigned responsibilities will require clear and proactive leadership of assigned team members.
Responsibilities will be accomplished through development of new business strategies, execution of multiple marketing approaches, collaboration on product and technical roadmaps, frequent customer contacts, and a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements. The person in this role is expected to work independently with limited direction.
Work with PLD and key program area directors/ managers to shape and drive investment/ growth roadmap. Develop and execute a plan to fill orders pipeline with qualified opportunities that support the Business Areas strategic plan to outperform the market.
1. Grow the orders pipeline within CAS through the creation, identification and qualification of quality opportunities
2. Refine and support the CAS Business Development strategy and methodology
3. Aggressively seek new business opportunities that are consistent with both the Business Area and Sector strategies by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and intercompany collaboration opportunities
4. Collaborate on the growth of advanced technologies and capabilities to support future customer needs
5. Support the ES Business Development requirements through data requests, strategy meetings, and networking opportunities
6. Function as a member of the business leadership team to improve business execution/management and define growth strategies and opportunities
7. Mentor and develop Business Development and program managers assigned to CAS Business Area
Required Skills and Education Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 18+ year(s) related experience
- Understanding and experience in avionics business development, preferably in both military and commercial aerospace segments
- Established contacts at aircraft OEMs
- Demonstration of the (TPL) Total Performance Leadership competencies
- Proven ability to grow the IBP with quality orders
- Shaping, identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities
- Prioritization of new business opportunities and resources to be applied
- Creation and development of individual opportunity marketing plans and capture strategies, as well as for the campaign level marketing and strategies
- Able to capture and win new business
- Problem Solving and analytical skills to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision
- Ability to hire, mentor, coach and train BD Managers and business area personnel to support business growth
- Capable of tailoring business winning processes and leveraging business winning tools (Price-to-win, …) to ensure lean, effective business winning
- Ability to collaborate/partner with BAE Systems, Industry partners and our customers
- Ability to be a trusted advisor to the Business Area VPGM and the Sector VP of BD
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top