BAE Systems' Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S), Intelligence Solutions (IS) Business Area is seeking a Director Business Development, Cloud Solutions. Reporting directly to the (IS) Vice President, Business Development, this leadership position will be responsible for the identification, qualification, development, and winning of cloud computing opportunities through a digital systems engineering approach with a focus on the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). This position requires strong selling skills and an entrepreneurial spirit to bring value to customers and our technology partners and drive growth for the business. This individual will be held accountable for pipeline qualification, annual awards, customer meetings, and amount of submitted proposals. In addition, this individual will participate and provide direction to the cloud solutions marketing strategy for the Intelligence Solutions Business Area to achieve maximum market awareness for the targeted segments. This position is located in Ft. Meade, MD or McLean, Virginia and requires weekly travel to company an/or Customer locations.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Grow cloud solutions opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
• Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities
• Lead and manage a core capture team to maximize customer engagement and value proposition positioning
• Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
• Participate in bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews
• Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities
• Support creation and execution of multi-year business development strategies
• Participate in IRAD and B&P planning as well as overhead budgets
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business-related discipline
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant BD experiences to include meaningful Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) expertise
• Demonstrated experiences in bringing cloud enabled solutions to the DoD, IC, or Fed/Civ agencies
• Track record of success in leading and winning contracts >$50M
• Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders within defense and intelligence community
• Experience leading opportunity captures, including: developing overall win strategy; shaping deals with customers; developing teaming strategies, identifying and closing with teammates; understanding pricing and assist in developing winning price
• Demonstrated background in solution selling, developing new markets, with proven leadership from inception to fruition of a strategic campaign.
• Direct and support new business development opportunities to improve the company's business portfolio to include marketing and customer call plans
• Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth
• Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
• Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market,
• Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• M.B.A. or similar Masters including advanced Military Education
• TS/SCI level clearance
• Preferred location: McLean Virginia; Ft. Meade, MD
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.