Director, BD (Multiply locations)
The BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Director of Business Development for its Mission Support (MS) business unit, which is part of the Sector’s Integrated Electronics & Warfare Systems (IE&WS) business area. Reporting directly to the Vice President Business Development for IE&WS, and dotted-lined to the VP/GM of MS, this position drives the MS organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. With responsibility for a staff of business development professionals serving a diverse market space and customer set, the selected individual will be held accountable for their BD team’s identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business unit’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. The position is located In Fort Walton Beach, Florida or at key MS customer locations: Colorado Spring, Colorado or Huntsville, Alabama.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Grow the sustainment and products opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities
- Oversee major capture activities for MS, and train capture managers in the organization.
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
- Participate in bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers: MDA, AFLCMC, Space Command, AMCOM and SMDC.
- Support creation and execution of multi-year IE&WS business development strategies
- Participate in IRAD and B&P planning for the division as well as overhead budgets
Minimum Education and Experience • Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related discipline; Masters
or equivalent (Preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant BD or Operations experience Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrated success in leading and winning contracts >$100M Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders in DoD Service organizations (Navy, Air Force, Army), including the Air Force Space Command; Missile Defense Agency; Army Space and Missile Defense Command; Army Materiel Command; US Army PEO Missiles and Space; and US Army PEO Aviation.
- Significant experience with, or knowledge of, the Space, Missile Defense and Weapons Systems sustainment markets; Space Network Operations; DoD Range and Test Instrumentation Sustainment operations and management (O&M) programs; Sustaining engineering; and Supply Chain and obsolescence management for critical mission systems. Knowledge of DoD, Aircraft Modernization programs and Instrumental Products & Sustainment (especially Radar) market space for a wide range of customers and platforms is highly desirable.
- Experience leading opportunity captures, including: Developing overall win strategy; Shaping deals with Customers Developing team strategies, and identifying and closing with teammates; Understanding pricing and assist in developing winning price
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company’s growth strategy
- Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth.
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market,
- Experience in budget management of B&P, IRAD and overhead dollars
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Preferred Location: Fort Walton Beach, Fl., Colorado Springs, CO. or Huntsville, Al.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top