BAE Systems is seeking a Business Development Director that will be responsible for business development and capture management activities within the BAE Systems Mission Support business area’s market of interest. This position can be performed at our BAE facility n Los Angeles, Colorado Springs or Boston. Teleworking might be an option for the right candidate. This role simultaneously oversees all aspects of several near and long-term capture efforts. Each effort will focus on providing a comprehensive plan based on a mixture of managerial, technical,and cost solutions for development, production, and integrated sustainment of critical assets. Business activities will occur in the space and missile defense market areas related to BMDS mission operations, space networks operations, critical facility operations and maintenance, full life cycle management of sensor systems, and depot level supply chain management.
This position reports directly to the Intelligence and Security Senior Director of Business Development for Mission Support. Individual will be responsible for leading customer engagement with USAF Space Command (includes SMC), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center,and NASA.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Develop and maintain a multi-billion dollar qualified pipeline. Accountable for achieving annual targets for bids submitted and awards
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships plus assess competitor capabilities generally aligned to specific customers.
- Work with cross-functional and operational teams to balance resource priorities to ensure continual, consistent progress through marketing,solutions, staffing, teaming and pricing elements of the capture plan
- Lead, with the proposal manager, the development and evaluation of the technical and management content and contractual compliance of proposals
- Develop customer solutions and value propositions based on customer and stakeholder inputs. Provide management with information to identify critical areas of the opportunity’s win strategy that minimize risks and maximize the probability of win
- Participate in bid decisions, the development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Serve as the customer advocate during reviews to bring the voice of the customer into planning and strategy sessions. Organize and conduct customer liaison activities such as customer meetings, facility tours, product demonstrations, security and export clearance tasks
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies for same
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure that updated or new company technologies/capabilities match with new and emerging customer requirements Required Skills and Education Minimum two years directly related experience with USAF Space Command (includes SMC) and Air Force Life Cycle Management Center acquisition processes
- Experience leading capture teams in pursuit of medium sized ($50 million – $100 million) proposal efforts
- Successful past performance in business development (e.g., developing customer relationships, account strategies, developing a qualified pipeline, building industry relationships, and leading capture & proposal activities)
- Experience leading customer engagement activities with GS-14 level and above representatives
Minimum Education: BA & 15+ years in business development
Preferred Skills and Education – Advanced engineering degree
- Program management experience About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top