Dir III- Ops
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations accountable for integrated supply chain management supporting the $5B Electronic Systems (ES) Sector which is comprised of approximately $2B of direct/indirect procurement. The ES Sector spans 25 locations primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. The primary responsibilities of this role include supply chain technical engagement, procurement, subcontracts, supply chain planning and logistics. Both Direct and Indirect Commodity strategies are led Sector wide with execution distributed through five Business Areas. Our five Business Areas support a portfolio of complex products serving both Defense and Commercial customers in a variety of different electronics based technology domains. The Sector is positioned for significant growth over the next five years. The challenges in this role include:
- Scaling our supply chain capabilities and performance to support the business growth
- Increasing the technical competencies of our supply chain organization to effectively manage an increasingly technically complex supply chain
- Striking the balance to leverage our scale to improve our supply chain cost performance while maintaining local ownership and autonomy to enable our agility to tailor our solutions to meet the needs of specific customers
- Maintaining our procurement systems and processes to be compliant with complex regulatory requirements governing both our commercial avionics and defense electronics businesses.
- Maintaining and continuing to develop an exceptional workforce of 900 people
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top