Dir III- Eng
BAE Systems is looking for someone to serve as the Business Area Engineering Director (BAED) for the Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Solutions (ISRS) Business Area. The position will report to the Vice President of Engineering, Electronic Systems.
This role may be based at one of ISRS’ major facilities in Greenlawn, NY; Hudson, NH; Manassas, VA; or SanDiego, CA.
From the depths of the ocean to outer space – and everywhere in between, the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Solutions business area develops,deploys and supports a diverse portfolio of sensors, subsystems and system capabilities that exploit the full acoustic and electromagnetic spectrum. We are the #1 market leader in Identification Friend or Foe systems. We supply radiation hardened space computers and subsystems for commercial, space exploration and critical national defense programs. Our undersea acoustic systems and open architecture mission computing products perform a variety of critical missions. Our multi intelligence sensors and advanced geo-spatial analytics support the full cycle of ISR mission from Detection through Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED).
The ISRS Business Area Engineering Director is the primary engineering leader focusing on program execution and new business growth. At the discretion of the ES VP of Engineering, the ISRS BAED is the delegated business area engineering authority- ensuring that all aspects of the solution design and development, including the application of Core Engineering Processes, Design Reviews and Technical Bid Reviews are appropriately tailored and deployed across the business area.
Specific Responsibilities Include :
- Partner with and support the VP/GM, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Solutions, to develop and deliver products and systems that meet our customer needs
- Partner and collaborate across ES engineering (BAEDs and disciplines) as well as other functions to
effectively support engineering across the enterprise
- Meet cost, schedule and technical performance for all ISRS projects through their life cycle
- Ensure preparation and approval of competitive engineering bids that are executable, meet
established price-to-win targets, and grow the business
- Design responsibility for all ISRS products, architects, subject matter experts, project technical leads
and engineering disciplines
- Serve as overall customer (internal / external) engineering POC for the business area
- In collaboration with the ISRS leadership team, prepare and communicate Product and Technology
Roadmaps that sustain and grow the business
- Identify and support the development of critical skills and resources
- Develop and maintain measures related to directorate performance
- Develop and lead continuous improvement activities and ensure adoption within the organization
- Ensure proper application of process based on the size and complexity of the project
- Establish goals, performance standards, budgets and staffing plans
- Improve processes and skills that support programs
As a leader and supervisor the BAED must also:
- Achieve established business and engineering financial targets
- Work across organizational boundaries to solve problems and secure resources
- Recruit, train, develop and retain Product Realization Group (PRG) leads and teams to meet business needs
- Perform supervisory duties in alignment with the business.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top