Dir II- Quality
We are looking for an experienced, professional, leader who:
- Would be excited to join a leading top tier global aerospace & defense enterprise
- Has a long standing passion for electronics and software technology innovation
- Is a good fit for a business that is regarded by its customers as a world class innovator across a broad span of technologies in the space, air, land, and sea, and undersea domains in both defense and commercial applications
- Enjoys working with and coaching quality managers and business leaders to continuously improve execution success across portfolios, programs and projects
- Is motivated by staying on the leading edge of innovation and best practices in quality science and Lean Six Sigma and can guide an enterprise on how best to incorporate changes in products and processes as value driving activities
- Is at ease with travel across the US and selected international locations for internal and Supplier quality activities
- Will locate at the Sector’s Electronic Combat Systems Headquarters in Nashua, NH, one hour from Boston, MA.
The role is responsible for the effective performance of Business Area Quality (quality assurance, continuous process improvement, and lifecycle management) technology, applications, process, and people resources across the Business Area and within Business Area functional organizations.
The business area, Electronic Systems Electronic Combat Solutions, has revenue over $1billion per year.
In this position you will work closely with senior management, other Business Areas, Sector, and BAE Systems counterparts to provide value-added solutions and support toward achieving near term goals, longer term strategic objectives, and compliance to federal, state and local statutes.
Primary duties include:
1. Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to ensure alignment with quality policy, strategic objectives and organizational goals for both internal and supplier items.
2. Collaborate with senior management for planning, execution, and management of process improvements, projects of special interest, and Sector and BAE Systems related initiatives.
3. Manage compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and minimize risk to employees and liability to the Business Area and Sector.
4. Formulate and approve policies and procedures in lifecycle management, customer satisfaction, quality assurance, and process improvement.
5. Lead integrated senior management teams to determine strategy and tactical deployment, improve performance, lower costs, and generate innovative solutions within the Business Area and across Business Units.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top