Dir II- Proposals
This position can be located at any of the major P&S sites or virtual.
Located within the centralized Business Winning Organization, scope includes overseeing the development and evaluation of bid plans and strategies; interaction with senior stakeholders; analysis of customer's requirements and competition's solutions; developing the proposal schedule/plan; training the proposal team; instructing and guiding the Red Team; reviewing outlines, storyboards, text, and graphics. Position requires significant travel.
Must be able to manage the entire proposal to the established Proposal Process, including Technical, Management and Cost volumes. Responsible for development and evaluation of bid plans and strategies. Prime participant in developing standard baseline bidding materials and databases. Provides proposal development expertise to the Proposal Process, providing a disciplined, consistent, and proven approach to proposals.
Tasks & Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of assigned processes and assures application of company approved total quality management techniques, throughout assigned areas. Works in a team environment.
- Engages in senior leadership discussions with regard to the viability of strategy and proposal direction.
- Oversees the development and evaluation of bid plans and strategies
- Develops methodologies for implementing new bidding strategies as appropriate.
- Evaluates bidding strategy needs, giving direction in the development and implementation of the systems required to ensure the company operates effectively and efficiently.
- Manages the entire proposal to the established Proposal Process, including Technical, Management, and Cost volumes.
- Trains and instructs the proposal team in the Proposal Development Process.
- Plans and conducts the proposal and writing kickoff meetings.
- Creates the proposal plan/schedule to which the proposal is managed.
- Facilitates the development of the themes and messages and works with volume leaders and authors in adapting the themes and messages, and in the general preparation of their documents.
- Instructs and guides the Red Team.
- Reviews all outlines, storyboards, text, and graphics for clarity, conformance, consistency, and completeness.
- Supports Proposal Team in preparing post-delivery material, presentations, and reviews.
- Maintains knowledge in state-of-the-art proposal process activities; recommends improvements to the Proposal Process.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top