Dir II- Programs
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Program Manager to lead our Long Range Anti-Ship Missile Program. The program manager will act as the primary point of contact between BAE Systems and multiple customers, suppliers and internal and external stakeholders. Must have demonstrated program management expertise and experience leading successful distributed program teams. The LRASM Program Director will be responsible for all aspects of program execution.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates, organizes, plans, authorizes work, manages, controls, manages change and closes out assigned programs according to the company’s Integrated Project Management Processes.
- Develops and establishes procedures and guidelines for daily operation of the assigned programs. Prepares, executes, and revises the Program Plan of Execution.
- Implements and executes program information management systems and controls in order to carry out program tasks. Determines work schedules, prioritizes tasks and implements procedures for performing work activities.
- Directs and monitors work results for meeting customer requirements, specifications and quality assurance standards. Evaluates performance of assigned program tasks in terms of quality, cost control and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives. Keeps upper management informed regarding program status and any technical, cost, schedule or administrative problems within programs.
- Responsible for management of program security.
- Establishes, maintains and promotes good customer relationships. Ensures the coordination of work tasks with customer representatives. Ensures customers are informed on status and progress of assigned programs. Coordinates program reviews and directs the preparation of status and progress reports as directed in the Lifecycle Management Guidelines, the North American Charter for Program Management and the Operational Framework.
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities. Develops marketing plans and directs the development and preparation of proposals in response to various requests. Ensures that work statements are adequately defined that the staffing requirements are correct. Reviews make/buy decisions and approves the selection of subcontractors. Develops a multi-year plan for Business Area that includes the estimation of customer budgets and a strength, weakness, opportunity and threat (SWOT) analysis of the strategic and tactical approach to business development. Develops input to the company’s value plan for assigned area.
- Supports fact-finding and contractual negotiations with the customer. Represents the company at appropriate customer or sponsor meetings. Ensures the adherence within assigned programs, to the Operational Framework and the attestation to compliance with the appropriate sections of the Operation Compliance Statement.
- Provides career guidance and counseling to employees on assigned program and provides input into their performance appraisals.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top