Dir II- Gov Relations
The Director, Executive Branch Government Relations is responsible for achieving BAE Systems Inc. executive branch goals, including federal policy initiatives and support for company programs.
- The Director will lead the development and execution of engagement strategies with the executive branch (including Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, Executive Office of the President and other agencies) for a diverse number of programs and issues.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with senior leaders in the executive branch (particularly the acquisition community) and staff to position the company for future business opportunities.
- Attend/facilitate engagements for senior leaders in the executive branch, including briefings, visits to company facilities and events.
- Meeting regularly with sector leadership to collaborate on priorities and provide advice/recommendations on how the Government Relations function can assist with their set priorities/objectives.
- Develop an environment that encourages open communication and collaboration among sector leadership and the Government Relations function.
- Provide the Vice President of Executive Branch and Government Relations and sector leadership with timely updates about developments in the executive branch.
- Offer strategic input to the Integrated Business Planning Process (IBPP) relative to business development strategy, programs and budget.
- Understand DOD's acquisition priorities and concerns. Effectively communicate those concerns to company leaders; likewise, the individual will understand company priorities and concerns and effectively communicate those concerns to the appropriate leaders in the executive branch.
- Influence, negotiate with and persuade others by using direct and indirect influence to accomplish results. Take multiple steps or uses outside experts to influence an outcome with each step adapted to the specific audience.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top