Dir II- Finance
Manageand direct the sector Government Compliance Organization, a team ofapproximately ten professionals. Responsible for overall coordination andresolution of complex regulatory negotiations and disputes which havesignificant financial exposure to the sector and it’s segments. Ensure practices are in place to maximizecost recovery and minimize exposure to questioned cost.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with government regulations such as with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense supplement to the FAR (DFAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). Act as liaison with the government on all financial, cost recovery, and cost allocation matters including complex negotiations and high visibility disputes concern CAS, FAR, and DFAR issues.
- Lead all negotiation and audit activities with the government from cradle to grave related to, final incurred cost settlements, Non Compliance allegations, CAS Disclosure matters, DFAR Business Systems compliance, forward pricing rate agreements and other financial matters raised by the DCMA or DCAA.
- Responsible for ensuring all cost accounting and allocation practices are in compliance with USG accounting requirements. Ensure segment staff are provided appropriate training and advise on matters related to CAS and FAR accounting.
- Prepare and support the audit of the sectors CAS Disclosure Statements. Support all adequacy and compliance audits of those Disclosure Statements. Prepare all Cost Impacts as required if accounting changes are agreed.
- Responsible for sector wide Labor Compliance. Ensure all labor recording and accounting practices are in accordance with USG accounting regulations. Ensure segment staff are provided appropriate training and advise on matters related to Labor and Compensation accounting. Conduct required floor check audits and produce compliance reporting.
- Collaborate with other functions within the business to ensure compliant practices and options are properly vetted in making key accounting and business decisions. Work closely with the Rates & Budgets team to ensure Forward Pricing proposals and subsequent negotiations are successful.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top