Dir II- Eng
BAE Systems is looking for an outstanding leader to serve as the Technology Solutions (TS) Software Discipline Director within the Electronic Systems (ES) Defense Software Engineering organization. The position reports to the Director of Software for ES Defense Engineering. The Software Engineering Discipline Director is responsible for all aspects of Software Engineering's performance in support of the Technology Solutions Business Area. As such, the Software Discipline Director is responsible for software design, application of core engineering process, training, talent development, staffing and performance on programs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide the leadership to develop and maintain an effective Software Engineering organization within Technology Solutions Business Area.
- Partner with the TS Business Area Engineering Director (BAED) and other TS business area leaders to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Lead the software organization through a transformational change
- Meet directorate financial objectives (Direct Labor, Indirect Expenses, Utilization and IE rate)
- Support the strategic direction for the ES Defense Software Engineering organization in alignment with TS business needs strategies and plans.
- Supports the TS Product Lines in the development of technology strategy for software based research and development
- Provide software solutions for Research, Prototyping, Proof-of-concept, and Prime Mission Equipment development
- Develop and execute methods for effective technology transition into product organizations
- Attract and retain staff to support the business objectives; lead the staff in resolving any resource or staffing issues
- Acquires and develops critical skills in support of research programs and technology maturation in Autonomy, Electronic Warfare, Advanced Sensors and Processing, and Cyber
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and Operations to ensure efficient and effective software implementations
- Develop and implement strategies for improving and optimizing organizational performance
- Develop and maintain measures related to directorate performance including quantitative management practices to ensure predictable performance by the organization.
- Develop and lead continuous improvement activities and ensure adoption within the TS organization
- Ensure proper application of process based on the size and complexity of the project
- Establish goals, performance standards, budgets and staffing plans
- Establish and maintain industry and university relationships related to TS business area strategic goals.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top