Dir II- Eng
BAE Systems is looking for a Hardware Engineering Discipline Lead for the Technology Solutions (TS) Business Area. This position reports to the Director, ES Defense Hardware Engineering, and can be located at any TS site. The Hardware Engineering Lead is responsible for all aspects of Hardware Engineering's performance across a broad business portfolio, in multiple geographically dispersed sites, in support of the TS Business Area. This includes application of core engineering processes, talent development, technology development and application, facilitation of HW Infrastructure (labs, electronic tools, etc.) and performance on programs. Additional responsibilities may include senior leadership of Capability Groups, Communities of Practice (CoP) and ES HW initiatives.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with TS business leaders to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Support the TS BAED and Discipline peers.
- Attract and retain staff to support the business; resolve any resource or staffing issues.
- Identify and develop critical skills and resources required to meet business objectives.
- Ensure application of engineering processes (emphasis on tailoring to maximize value added).
- Establish and maintain infrastructure and tools required to meet business objectives
- Meet all department financial objectives (Direct Labor, Indirect Expenses, Utilization and IE rate).
- Participate in discipline continuous improvement activities and ensure adoption within the organization.
- Establish goals and standards of performance, create budgets, staffing requirements, and short and long-term strategic plans.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top