Dir II- Business Dev
BAE Systems Combat Vehicles of the Platform and Services Sector (P&S) is seeking a Director of Business Development - TACOM to identify prospects and viable opportunities for sales of combat vehicles and supporting pursuits. This person will report directly to the Director of Business Development for Combat Vehicles. The candidate will have a strong understanding and executive level customer relationships inside the TACOM, PEO GCS, and TARDEC Enterprise and supporting relationships. The position will also fill a critical role as "Customer Advocate" for the Senior Leadership Team of Combat Vehicles keeping management aware of our position with the customer on areas for improvement.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with the Combat Vehicles business objectives;
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements and to position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader;
- Act as the primary customer advocate for the VP/GM for customers based in Warren, Michigan and actively gather feedback on performance and recommend corrective actions as the voice of the customer;
- Develop and maintain strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets;
- Lead early capture activities on opportunities as required;
- Develop new strategic business initiatives and plans including associated assessments and analyses (market research analysis, competitor analysis, and operational and strategic studies);
- Negotiate teaming agreements to support the business plan;
- Manage and direct internal and external stakeholder engagement and key business to business relationship.
NOTE: This position will be located at the Sterling Heights, Michigan BAE Systems site.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top