Dir II- Business Dev
BAE Systems' Electronic Systems Sector is seeking experienced capture leaders to win new business in our emerging space markets. This emerging market requires expertise in high reliability products, performance in unique environments and knowledge of the emerging requirements in communications, ISR, responsive deployment and self-protection. Relationships within this community are critical and the appropriate candidate will be able to use his knowledge in the community and BAE's technical expertise to provide innovative solutions to our warfighters. This key leadership position will drive growth though the development and execution of capture/ campaign strategies, establishing a position to win and driving to closure through contract award. A key component to success is comprehensive internal and external customer interaction, creating the alignment with the company's value proposition and the customer's needs. The successful candidate will utilize the full breadth of company resources to solve our customer's challenges and demonstrate the ability to influence the customer stakeholders. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team, deliver advanced technologies and capabilities and provide the Warfighter a mission critical advantage. "We protect those who protect us®".
- Lead capture teams to develop and execute capture/ campaign strategies to drive business growth.
- Engage with key external and internal decision makers as a thought leader in the mission and market space.
- Engage and inform executive leadership with the voice of the customer and advocate internally for the actions and commitments necessary to win.
- Emphasize mission awareness and drive solutions to provide value to the customer's end user, enhancing mission success.
- Lead customer engagements to create trust.
- Influence requirements to ensure BAE discriminating elements are valued.
- Create an environment that inspires employees with goal directed activities and strive for continuous improvement.
- Build culture of transparency; foster collaboration; accept coaching.
- Demonstrate passion to win.
- Demonstrated Win Rate
- Lead by example.
- Maintain a strategic perspective on your capture/campaign and constantly seek signs of customer alignment and validation.
- Develop effective business cases, strategic partner relationships and drive technology development plans.
- Drive a competitive awareness culture and establish a rigorous, ethical CI campaign to monitor external threats and opportunities.
- Seek external sources to continually validate strategic objectives and progress.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships.
- Participate in speaking engagements, briefings and thought leadership activities representing BAE capabilities.
- Embrace and add value to the BAE Systems capture process and utilize reviews and assessments to refine and improve your capture/campaign effort.
- Lead capture efforts, to include: developing overall win strategy, shaping deal with customer, developing teaming strategy and closing with teammates; understanding pricing and driving winning price; and assessing customer requirements and competitor strategies.
- Manage tactics and actions necessary to implement strategy and control new business funding and related IR&D expenditures.
- Support business operating reviews with periodic reporting and status updates.
- Obtain and maintain capture management certification.
- Maintain currency with capture, program management and business development skill through in-house and external training.
- Hire, mentor, coach and train BD Managers and business area personnel to support business growth.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top