Dir I- Quality
- Western U.S. regional position operating out of either San Diego, CA or San Jose, CA metro areas
This position will lead a diverse, growing Western regional team of Supplier Quality professionals responsible for development and oversight execution of a lean supply chain to produce high order fulfillment rates and timely delivery, with outstanding quality results. Supports the enterprise in driving quality, improved affordability, efficiency, and supply base performance with supplier partners including Strategic Sourcing initiatives aligned with Company-wide goals and objectives. The ability to effectively collaborate with functional organizations across Electronic Systems is necessary for success.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with and an understanding of sourcing and execution management in Aerospace and Defense, across DoD, International and selected Commercial procurements. Ability to navigate from broad enterprise and strategic sourcing plans to directing day-to-day team actions needed to support near term business and program needs is required.
A leader able to build strong supplier relationships and leverage common processes to establish agreements and drive performance is critical. The candidate will also help their team understand the tools and tactics to apply to prevent problems during start up and development activities, as well as corrective actions and mistake-proofing during production phases to assure business success. Recruiting and coaching of new team members and development of their technical and quality systems skills will be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As part of the Supplier Quality leadership team, contribute to the design and implementation of Supply Chain oversight models to support business growth and improvement strategies with Business Areas.
- Refine and execute strategic commodity oversight plans, in collaboration with team members and internal business partners. Improve responsiveness to internal customers to meet service level expectations while optimizing overall operating expenses.
- Partner with key suppliers to achieve superior quality performance, balancing risk and cost to develop mutually beneficial relationships that ensure long term success for both parties.
- Identify and qualify potential suppliers who provide the necessary technology and materials, which support strategy and business plans. Drive and ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective focusing on quality improvements
- Develop and implement communication strategies to ensure accurate and timely flow of information to leaders, team members, stakeholders and suppliers in the geographic area.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top