Dir I- Business Dev
BAE Systems is seeking a Programs/Capture Director that will be responsible for programmatic and capture management activities within the BAE Systems Mission Support business area's market of interest.
This position can be performed at our BAE facility in Boston, MA. This role simultaneously oversees all aspects of several near and long-term capture efforts. Each effort will focus on providing a comprehensive plan based on a mixture of managerial, technical, and cost solutions for development, production, and integrated sustainment of critical assets. Business activities will occur in the space and missile defense market areas related to BMDS mission operations, space networks operations, critical facility operations and maintenance, full life cycle management of sensor systems, and depot level supply chain management.
This position reports directly to the Intelligence and Security Senior Director of Business Development for Mission Support. Individual will be responsible for leading customer engagement with USAF Space Command (includes SMC) and Air Force Life Cycle Management Center.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
- Develop and maintain a multi-billion dollar qualified pipeline. Accountable for achieving annual targets for bids submitted and awards.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships plus assess competitor capabilities generally aligned to specific customers.
- Work with cross-functional and operational teams to balance resource priorities to ensure continual, consistent progress through marketing, solutions, staffing, teaming and pricing elements of the capture plan.
- Lead, with the proposal manager, the development and evaluation of the technical and management content and contractual compliance of proposals.
- Develop customer solutions and value propositions based on customer and stakeholder inputs. Provide management with information to identify critical areas of the opportunity's win strategy that minimize risks and maximize the probability of win.
- Participate in bid decisions, the development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Serve as the customer advocate during reviews to bring the voice of the customer into planning and strategy sessions. Organize and conduct customer liaison activities such as customer meetings, facility tours, product demonstrations, security and export clearance tasks.
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies for same.
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure that updated or new company technologies/capabilities match with new and emerging customer requirements.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top