Dir - Bus Dev II
The BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Director of Business Development for its Warfare Systems (WS) business unit, which is part of the Sector's Integrated Electronics & Warfare Systems (IE&WS) business area. Reporting directly to the Vice President Business Development for IE&WS, and dotted-lined to the VP/GM of WS, this position drives the WS organization's strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers' most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. With responsibility for a staff of business development professionals serving a diverse market space and customer set, the selected individual will be held accountable for their BD team's identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business unit's forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. The position is located in Maryland, but requires weekly travel to IE&WS and/or Customer locations.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Grow the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities
- Oversee major capture activities for WS, and train capture managers in the organization.
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
- Participate in bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers in selected DoD Market Space.
- Support creation and execution of multi-year IE&WS business development strategies
- Participate in IRAD and B&P planning for the division as well as overhead budgets
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top