Digital Hardware Engineer
Develop and support Board and/or FPGA/CPLD designs through all phases of design and system integration for high-reliability embedded aerospace applications. Perform activities such as requirements generation, Board and VHDL design, RTL-synthesis, test bench development and design simulation, static timing and power analysis, and requirements based design verification. Other activities include prototype evaluation, design-to-cost tradeoffs, design reviews, qualification test support, system integration support, production and obsolescence support tasks. Maintain the desire to stay current in the continuously developing field and to expand knowledge base and skills in FPGA design and digital hardware engineering. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – 4+ years circuit design experience, with the demonstrated ability to design VHDL-based FPGAs and CPLDs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital electronic devices and circuit design principles and experience using design/analysis tools, such as Timing Designer and Hyperlynx.
- Hands-on hardware build, test, and integration experience
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability, along with follow-up and monitoring skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Familiarity with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs to ensure electrical integrity of FPGA design in embedded applications.
- Minimum Training/Education: BSEE Preferred Skills and Education – Design experience with Microprocessor/Microcontroller interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN, memory interfaces such as SDRAM controllers, Flash, SRAM; serial interfaces (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, RS422, RS485, etc) and FPGA design using Microsemi, Xilinx, Lattice, Altera, etc.
- Experience with Model-Based FPGA Development with Matlab, conversion between floating -point/fixed point domains – - – Experience with application design.
- Experience with high level functional architecture definition.
- Experience with RTCA DO-254 certification requirements.
- Experience with design tools such as Synplify and ModelSim
- Experience with high-speed Digital circuit card design, including part placement and routing, constraint generation, and signal integrity analysis.
- Emphasis on design-to-cost methodology
- Preferred Training/Education: MSEE About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top