Dev-Ops/AWS Support Engineer
Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analysis is performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions. Translating customer requirements into hardware/software specifications. Responsibilities will include installation and testing our solutions within the customer environment, to include: back-end services, front-end services, web applications, mobile applications, and improving the overall quality of our products. You will be required to analyze, test and verify the implementation of the functional and non-functional requirements of a cloud-based distributed system.
- Submit defect reports and enhancement requests via JIRA.
- Participate in Product Test activities.
- Collaboratively work with Customer Technical Solutions team to resolve or diagnose customer issues.
- Provide problem management by taking ownership of repeating incidents, researching root cause and resolving problem.
- Understanding, applying, and communicating the technology concepts and implementations of our products.
- Participating as a customer advocate in the engineering development process.
- Contributing to the development of customer support material such as technical manuals, application briefs, and product data sheets as needed.
" Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status"
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or another related field or at least four years of additional experience in lieu of a degree. Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent attention to detail, design, and user experience awareness.
• Ability to work well in a very dynamic, fast moving environment with high expectations.
• Flexibility in adjusting to variable workload and job duties.
• Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
• Proficiency with virtual servers (HyperV and VMware).
• Experience installing, running, and troubleshooting software in Windows.
• Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills to diagnose issues at system level, including Windows/Linux operating system, SQL Server, web services and application integration.
• Software diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• A valid passport and the ability to travel domestically or internationally.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preferred Skills and Education
- SOCET GXP
- GXP Xplorer
- CITRIX XenServer / XenDesktop
- VMWare VSphere, Horizon
- NVIDIA GRID
- Comfortable with presentations and speaking in front of large groups.
- Multi-source processing, exploitation, and dissemination workflows.
- Experience in providing software technical support.
- Experience working with multiple OS types (Windows, Linux, OSX) and versions of SQL database configuration, optimization, and administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Networking and networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, RDP).
- Full-motion video (FMV) sensors, formats, codecs, and protocols.
- Storage, retrieval, and streaming of video streams.
- Familiarity with OGC standards, such as WMS, WMTS, and WFS.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top