DevOps Engineer (Cyber Tools)
- Reston, VA
BAE Systems is searching for a Senior Cyber Security DevOps professional for the BAE Global Security Operations Center located in Reston-VA. Work with Security Analysts and Engineers to develop and enhance cyber security solutions to support a global security operations capability. Update and maintain existing custom built tools DevOps team tools.
• Developing or enhancing existing full suites of custom cyber security toolsets with an emphasis on front-end, graphical user interfaces and web application development.
• Setting up and deploying servers and operating systems to host critical cyber security tools.
• Developing tools to integrate open source applications with widely used commercial security tools.
• Monitor SIEM (ArcSight and Splunk) and other network security devices for alerts
• Investigating alerts using any and all available tools and data resources.
• Update the functionality and maintain uptime of existing tools
Required Skills and Education
• 3+ yrs programming experience to include scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and bash.
• 3+ yrs experience and knowledge of Linux operating systems.
• 3+ yrs experience with system administration at hardware, software, as well as OS levels.
• 3+ yrs experience and knowledge of high and low level network protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
• 3+ yrs experience administering databases and developing database applications in traditional relational databases as well as NoSQL ones.
• Experience with IT infrastructure monitoring tools such as Nagios
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience in the cyber security field preferably in a development function within a security operations environment or CERT.
• Knowledge and understanding of emerging security threats, issues, current exploits, attack methodologies, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products including COTS and open source.
• Knowledge and experience of IT monitoring tools and applications
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top