Detect, Identify, Locate RF Threat Engineer
Ready to make a difference? BAE Systems employees develop, build and work on the world's most advanced electromagnetic spectrum operations systems - detecting, locating, and countering threats for joint and international aircrew. We develop highly sophisticated digital Electronic Warfare (EW) systems and we are looking for motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in Electronic Support Measures (ESM) to join cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Key EW program objectives are to improve/enhance air vehicle situational awareness and survivability, through the abilities to detect, deny, deceive, degrade and/or disrupt adversaries Integrated Air Defenses. BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, geolocation, and attack of emitters. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future, and you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Come build your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new ESM capabilities for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts, performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems. Verifies and validates aspects of system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements. Work location can be Nashua, NH or Totowa, NJ.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Reviews, develops and documents ESM system level operational concepts and mission statements.
b. Develops and evaluates complex RF system designs and architectures.
c. Analyze, develop and test ESM techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate ESM and geolocation algorithms.
e. Performs Threat Analysis to develop ESM capabilities.
f. Performs system level integration and test of EW systems.
g. Performs lab debug and analysis of EW systems.
h. Verifies complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience in a relevant field) with a minimum work experience of:
8+ Years of relevant work experience without a degree
5+ Years with BS
3+ Years with MS
1+ Year with PHD
Required Skills: Specific skills within the Electronic Support Measures (ESM) division of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Understanding of Surface and Airborne Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities, and processing to include Electronic Protection (EP).
- Understanding of Radar Warning Receivers (RWR) and SIGINT systems architectures.
- Understands system resource management.
- Strong modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing skills as well as preparing appropriate reports and technical documents: MATLAB, Simulink, ADS, Genesys, Microwave Office, HFSS, LabVIEW, SysML, MagicDraw, MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project/Visio, etc.
- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing.
- Experience with analog/digital receiver design.
- RF / FPGA IV&V skills to include lab debug and analysis work.
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance. Ability to model antenna impacts on received and transmitted signals. Understanding of antenna patterns, polarization, bandwidth, beamwidth etc.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
B.S. Electrical Engineering
Active United States security clearance, preferably Top Secret
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top