Desktop Support Technician
BAE is searching for a Desktop Support Technician for our Nashua, NH location. Involved with the repair of equipment and components at field locations and customer sites. Provides routine to moderately complex support. Installs, operates, tests, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
• Provide on-site technical support for software and hardware installs, hardware moves, add or changes of hardware/software for the end-user community.
• Address Incident tickets to include break/fix issues.
• Provide mobile device support to include iPhone/ iPad/Blackberry/ Droid.
• Resolve printer issues namely toner replacement, paper jams, connectivity issues and printer maintenance.
• Update asset inventory via ticketing system database.
• Working knowledge and experience with Active directory.
• Provide desk-side assistance to executive staff.
• Writing and/or editing existing procedures.
• Basic network troubleshooting.
• Provide basic telephone support.
Required Skills and Education
Required education: High School/GED
• Ability to travel locally may be required.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, of PC hardware and software.
• Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
• Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
• Basic networking skills.
• Customer service oriented.
• Ability to operate with some latitude for independent judgment and action required.
• Actively seeks input and feedback, listens, takes action and keeps others informed in a timely manner.
• Adheres to standards as defined in standard operating procedures to ensure standardized support.
Must have Security + certification or have the ability to get one .
Preferred Skills and Education
Security+ Certification - Current
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top