Desktop Image Lead
WE ARE CREATING THE FOREMOST SECURE DESKTOP CLOUD IN USA. COME JOIN US!
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about!
The role of a Desktop OS Image Systems Engineer is to serve as a program lead for the purpose of deploying thick and thin client desktop OS solutions and promoting structured software engineering and process improvement initiatives across a distributed virtual desktop enterprise. The OS Image Lead designs/integrates operating system deployment solutions for Enterprise-wide rollouts and upgrades; designs and manages baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations; and provides preventative maintenance and troubleshooting expertise.
- Develop architectural design documentation for desktop hardware, physical and virtual operating systems and management capabilities
- Perform secure baseline image creation and tailoring of Windows operating system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment
- Utilize PowerShell scripting to maximize productivity of platform management
- Maintain platform security and compliance with PCI to protect data and including desktop security patching and management of segmented virtual desktop environment
- Define, create and test Group Policy updates for desktop OS
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software or other technical components
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve routine problems to ensure infrastructure stability
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top