Design Drafting Checker
- Austin, TX
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for mechanical design drafting professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area. In STS, we provide affordable and highly accurate precision-guided munitions, helmet-mounted and head-up displays for fighter aircrafts, and advanced electro-optical/laser technology that detect and defeat threats to air and ground platforms.
STS Business Area is seeking a Design Drafting Checking Specialist.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
Ensure engineering product definition (drawings, associated design models, etc.) meets all contract and company requirements before leaving the Design Drafting department.
The Design Drafting Checker position we are seeking to fill requires 8+ years of experience in the Mechanical Design Drafting profession, with a minimum 5 years specifically assigned to Checking Role, to work in Austin Texas. You will provide support on our EO/IR/RF, precision pointing, and countermeasures-based products and other challenging technologies. You will be part of a Design & Drafting Community working with the latest CAD Technology and Processes who are always forward planning with Industry professionals to define future of CAD and product definition capabilities as well as its support of Model Based Engineering via Model Based Definition. You also will advance your technical skills while performing your assigned responsibilities on development projects and supporting our existing product portfolio.
The individual selected for this position will be an experienced Mechanical Design Drafting Checker who is a problem solver with diverse technical capabilities, sound design and drafting checking, and geometrical tolerance fundamentals. The requirements assigned to this position, while under the guidance of Program and Engineering Leadership, include the following:
- Capable of reviewing engineering data in CREO Parametric and AutoCAD.
- Proficient reading and understanding Engineering Drawings and Bills of Material.
- Experienced Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing IAW ASME Y14.5.
- Experienced with drawing types IAW ASME Y14.24.
- Experienced with drawing practices IAW ASMEY14.100.
- Able to review and evaluate tolerance analysis.
- Able to provide feedback and recommendations on drawing and design improvements.
- Familiar working with a formal Product Lifecycle Data Management System (PLMS)
- Able to collaborate with Drafters, Designers, Engineers, Manufacturers and Suppliers.
- Effective Communicator
- On The Job Training will be provided for internal processes and practices.
- An Associate's Degree or higher and 8+ years' experience with 5+ years dedicated to Checking OR 12+ years' Experience with 5+ years' dedicated to Checking
- Experience with CREO Parametric-Pro/Engineer preferred
- Experience with Dassault Systems ENOVIA PDM preferred
- Experience with electro/optical/mechanical packaging
- Experienced with Defense electronics. (Designing Chassis', Card Cages, Backplanes, Cables, Harnesses, Assemblies, etc.)
- Very well versed with ASME Y14.5 GD&T in ASME Y14.5-1994 or later, and all facets of dimensioning and tolerancing
- Proficient in researching and understanding Military and Commercial Specifications.
- Expert reading and interpreting Engineering Drawings
- Extremely detail oriented
- Team player working in a very friendly, almost family like atmosphere.
- Willing to mentor junior personnel and willing to be mentored by senior personnel
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top