Deputy Program Manager
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced geospatial professional to provide program support on a major US government contract. As the Deputy Program Manager, the selected candidate will assists the Program Manager to ensure program success by focusing on customer engagement, technical innovation, project scheduling, quality assurance and financial controls. Includes performing financial planning and modeling with respect to meeting program and company goals. Works independently with general direction provided by the Program Manager and management team. Has discretion to make critical decisions regarding program schedules, requirements and budgets within PM and management guidelines.
In addition to these program management functions, the Deputy PM will focus on and provide leadership in the area of technical innovation and program growth. It will be one of the primary responsibilities of the Deputy PM to drive transformation and develop new business through intensive customer engagement and aggressive innovation activities. This includes scheduling and managing customer demonstrations onsite at customer facilities as well as at BAE Systems’ St. Louis GeoInnovation Center which acts as the test bed for emerging GEOINT services, products and technology improvements.
The candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of GEOINT products and services as well as experience in project management such as the use of earned value management, scheduling and resource planning. Because the Deputy PM will have significant influence over customer confidence in BAE Systems, it is critical that the candidate is knowledgeable, articulate and displays integrity.
Candidate will possess a security clearance up to the TS/SCI level
- Help coordinate and at times oversee project managers as well as interact with other related program areas such as Operations, Quality, Procurement and Contracts
- Provide reporting to customer and program as well as to management and will provide backup to Program Manager for contract reviews
- Achieve new business performance by engaging in intensive customer engagement, acting as the program’s spokesperson to gain understanding of requirements and to offer advice to both the company and the customer on innovative technical and business solutions. Apply advanced technical knowledge of GEOINT products and services to direct BAE Systems’ innovation and development efforts.
- Manage and direct quarterly technical demonstrations to customer
- Plan, organize, design, estimate and propose on multiple, concurrent projects while offering advanced, innovative technical solutions to complex challenges. Lead efforts to develop proposal and bid processes for emerging products and services
- Help develop and support geospatial production related process improvement best practices to work towards ensuring continual process improvement
- As the Site Lead for the GeoInnovation Center (which acts as the test bed for emerging GEOINT services, products and technology improvements), work with the local functional lead to oversee the facility and a staff of 10-15 in promoting BAE Systems’ innovations; provided strong leadership, emphasizing integrity, ethics and innovative thinking
- Support additional duties as required by the Program Manager
- May be required to occasionally travel to other BAE Systems production sites or other BAE Systems or customer locations. Estimated frequency would be 8 to 12 trips per year
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Bachelor’s Degree (in a related field) and 12 years related experience including 5+ years of project/production management experience
Must possess security clearance up to the TS/SCI level.
Must possess excellent written, verbal communication skills and presentation abilities
Must be very knowledgeable about all elements of GEOINT services, products and content. While candidate is not expected to have thorough expertise involved in every aspect of product and content generation, they should possess enough knowledge to understand the general production processes, risks and challenges including experience with the following:
- Leading geospatial related software (ESRI, BAE Systems GXP, Harris Geospatial, Hexagon, GDAT and open source tools)
- Topographic feature production, conflation, enrichment and maintenance
- Cartographic finishing and map production
- Terrain generation and maintenance including imagery auto-correlation, SAR and COTS products
- Remote sensing, image processing, spatial analysis and exploitation
- Controlled imagery, photogrammetry and mensuration
- An overview understanding of ISO and how it relates to their moderate understanding of the general job aspects
- Familiarity with National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) and related standards: NSG Feature Data Dictionary (NFDD), Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), Defence Geospatial Information Working Group (DGIWG), etc.
- Ability to evaluate new technologies and trends in the GEOINT domain, including knowledge of other companies’ products and capabilities in an effort to continuously meet the needs of BAE Systems’ customers
Candidate must possess previous experience in Project Management including activities such as:
- Ability to rapidly and independently make decisions to handle a complex and changing program environment
- Ability to multitask and work under frequent deadlines and adjust efficiently to accommodate shifting program priorities
- Maintaining budgets, quality and schedules
- Experience with Earned Value Management and ability to report and analyze EVM data
- Providing reports of status, variances, resource requirements
- Overseeing and managing projects and serving as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
- Preparing project execution plans and identifying technical and business resources needed
- Reviewing status of projects and budgets; managing schedules and preparing status reports
- Assessing issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Providing technical and analytical guidance to project team
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s Degree or Certificate (in a related field) and 15 years related experience
- PMP Certification
- Committee involvement in US Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF)
- USGIF UniversalGEOINT Certification
- American Society of Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing (ASPRS) Photogrammetry Certification
GIS Professional Certification (URISA)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top