Deputy Director Contracts-Weapon Systems
In support of Sr. Director, Contracts for the oversight of the Contracts function will focus on all pre-award contracting operations (capture support, teaming Agreements, NDAs, PIAs, RBA support, proposal support, negotiation support) for the Weapon Systems business. The selected individual, In addition to serving as deputy to Weapon Systems headquarters Contracts Director is a key part of the Senior Contracts management team. Provides higher level guidance and hands-on coaching to Contracts professionals, including complex contractual arrangements of strategic importance to the business. Influential in the entire range of contract formation, negotiation and administration policies and processes in accordance with customer expectation and corporate objectives. Establishes or updates contract policies and processes to ensure achievement of corporate expectations. Participates in development of business alliances, acquisitions and divestitures, and risk management. Influences career development and training opportunities for contract professionals. Provides guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members. Occasionally may lead complex negotiations. Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a sharing role from the usual high-level strategic coaching to occasional front-line contract management, as circumstances arise.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Excellent presentation, teambuilding and leadership skills, with the ability to perform in a complex cross-functional business environment.
- Ability to effect and manage change. Motivational and visionary leadership skills, including the ability to recognize and develop emerging leadership talent.
- Experienced in the entire life cycle of prime and subcontract contracting, from proposal phase to contract closeout.
- Well versed in the following types of contracts: Commercial, DOD Cost type, Firm Fixed Price, T&M, and Services Contracts. Fluent with FAR, DFAR.
- At least 5 years of managing and developing contracting professionals; preferably experience in managing other contract managers.
- Experienced in non-DOD, commercial contracting including risk management and other contracting elements.
- Excellent writing skills a must, with a clear understanding of contract formation principles.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top