Defense Information System Analyst
- Mechanicsburg, PA
BAE Systems in Mechanicsburg, PA is looking for an experienced D efense Information System Analyst who will support the Logistics Data System (LDS) for BAE Systems. LDS is a software system used by the US Navy to manage logistics and maintenance processes for the hull, ordnance, and electrical (HO&E) systems of TRIDENT submarines. This position will assist in building the business rules that govern the functionality and operation of the system.
Duties will include reviewing documentation and source code for web and UNIX applications within LDS and formulating a set of design specifications and business rules to be applied in the system, testing developed programs, and working with LDS customers to solve problems. The ability to learn maintenance and supply systems terminology for the US Navy is important. Additional duties include support for project planning and software engineering full life cycle management.
The selected applicant will work in Mechanicsburg, PA, and be subject to a government security investigation. There is no relocation assistance available. If relocation is required, the selected candidate must be willing to relocate at his/her own expense.
This is a long-term position supporting the US Navy's highest priority defense program.
Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of related/relevant years of experience required: High school Diploma and at least 6 years of related/relevant work experience.
Additional skills/experience required:
- Willingness to study and learn business operations of a complex logistics software enterprise
- Experience with and knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Ability to work on a team of functional analysts to support enterprise-wide objectives
- Ability to work with software engineers to incorporate user requirements into delivered software products
- Ability to gather and translate user requirements into software solutions, and analyze complex business requirements
- Formulate detailed specifications and test plans for software engineering process
- Aptitude for technical writing
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a relational database management system as part of software testing and troubleshooting
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, not required:
- BS Degree
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- US Navy submarine logistics knowledge and/or awareness of TRIDENT submarine logistics operations
- Exposure to programming development environments
- Familiarity with Oracle database management system
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering concepts
- Ability to read and understand database entity relationship diagrams
- UNIX experience; using basic UNIX file commands
- Ability to read COBOL
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top