- Seonghwan, South Korea
The candidate will provide Defense in Depth (DiD) IA/Cybersecurity and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Analyst support for Computer Security Incident Response Management of the government provided JIE IA/DCO DiD solutions, installations and security tools.
The DCO Professional will be fully capable of and utilize a wide variety of Attack Sensing & Warning (AS&W) data. This data will come from the IDS logs, IPS logs, firewall logs, USCYBERCOM SA Reports (SARs), DISA security briefings, and additional JIE IA/Cybersecurity DiD solution sources. The candidate will analyze forensic evidence related to the security incident and of any other suspect activity uncovered while investigating the security incident, in responding to computer security incidents when tasked.
A successful candidate will have experience with managing the resolution of all security incidents, and reporting network compliance against USFK-managed C2 assets. The DCO Analyst will understand high-level network architecture, systems design, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), CJCSM 6510.01B "CYBER INCIDENT HANDLING PROGRAM," DoD 8500.01 "Cybersecurity," IAVM management and compliance, and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) techniques (/tools), tactics, and procedures (TTPs).
The candidate will provide researched or SME assessments to the J62 government lead(s) to facilitate an informed Government decision (if one is required). The candidate will provide research in the form of "white" papers, technical diagrams, or as requested by the customer and malware defense assessments of all USFK-managed workstation, server, and laptop assets using DoD -approved Security tools.
The candidate will provide DCO subject matter expertise (SME) to other Joint Staff elements as necessary to support the USFK J62 Cyber mission.
- US Top Secret Clearance and be able to obtain SCI.
- Maintain DOD 8570.01 compliance with IAT II and CSSP Analyst/ Infrastructure Support/ Incident Responder/ Auditor certification.
- Microsoft and/or Unix/Linux computing environment certification.
- Executing, drafting and editing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Capability to develop, review and analyze DCO tools.
- Expertise, knowledge and application of information technology concepts related to Cybersecurity.
- Willing to work 24/7 shift schedule.
Required Skills and Education
- DOD 8570.01 compliance with IAT II and CSSP Analyst/ Infrastructure Support/ Incident Responder/ Auditor certification, e.g. Security+ and CEH (or CySA+)
- Time management
- Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Preferred Skills and Education
- CISCO security tools and familiarity with Command Line Interfaces (CLI)
- MS in Computer Security or 2 years' experience in a related field
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top