BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government SMAC facility at Barksdale Air Force Base, located near Bossier City, LA.
The SMAC Database Manager provides operational subject matter expertise for database management of Order of Battle Database (OBD), Tactical Information (TACINFO), and the SMAC Sharepoint. He/she provides overarching requirements analysis and operational support to SMAC and geographic AOC personnel. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Air Force [USAF], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- Minimum three years of experience working with AOC combat plans and combat operations applications and management of OBD and TACINFO.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of AOC Command and Control (C2) of air assets in joint and combined operations.
- Participation in SMAC exercises or operations as a Database Manager.
- Experience supporting AOC operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and JWICS.
- T1 and T2 certifications IAW DoD Manual 8570.1-M.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Preferred Skills and Education – Five years or more of experience working with AOC combat plans and combat operations applications and management of OBD and TACINFO.
- Real world contingency experience in AOC Combat Plans or Combat Operations Division.
- Air Staff, MAJCOM, or NAF staff experience.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top