Database Engineer I
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW !
We are seeking to hire a Data Base Engineer to support a new program and exciting program.
Ideal candidates provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis.
- Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design.
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls.
The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC).
- Develops requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems).
- Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline plus 3 years of experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top