Database Design Engineer III
- Fort Worth, TX
BAE Systems' F-35 Lightning II program has an exciting opportunity for a database architect to assist in the design and development of prognostic tools for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, with respect to Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) data. The tool processes large amounts of flight data and executes data analysis algorithms to trend and predict when maintenance should be accomplished on the aircraft. The selected individual will be responsible for Database administration and development (Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Packages, etc.) on Oracle and NoSQL database servers.
Required Skills and Education
- Must understand the full lifecycle of a software development program using an Agile development methodology.
- Must provide all database related support (requirements, implementation, integration, testing, installation, and maintenance) to all software on the database servers.
- Shall work with customers on requirements development and refinement as well as demonstration of database and software features.
- Must be able to maintain, troubleshoot, and debug the customer databases and datasources on a daily basis.
- Proficiency with database design, architecture, and development.
- Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and NoSQL databases, and be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts, including PL/SQL, and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
- Perform data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), provide user access to data, keep servers operational, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshooting assets.
- Experience with Distributed Systems, Multi-threaded systems, or Military systems.
- Proficient at defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Must write and speak clearly and easily when describing complex ideas.
- Must have the ability to create and maintain technical documentation using industry accepted methods.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Robust skills for writing and troubleshooting SQL & PL/SQL.
- Extensive experience with database technologies.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated for continuing research, training, and other education .
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top