Database Administrator Lead
A skilled and experienced 11g & 12c OCP certified, Database Lead Administrator that provides architecture design, software development, documentation, system implementation, network and user support, and operations maintenance in support of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Defense Integration and Management of Nuclear Data Services (DIAMONDS) program. This position develops an automated end-to-end nuclear stockpile information infrastructure that integrates current functionality while developing future capabilities. Support for DIAMONDS includes maintaining, modifying and enhancing all DTRA managed databases to include Joint Application Design Environment (JADE), Nuclear Management Information System (NUMIS), DIAMONDS Accountability Training System (DATS), Nuclear inventory Management and Cataloging System (NIMACS), Nuclear Weapons Related Material (NWRM), and Government Acceptance Testing (GAT). The candidate shall maintain detailed database designs to include, but not limited to, data and process models, program specifications, control specifications, structure charts, module definitions, compile or build unit, and data usage definitions. Database designs will include plans and capabilities to migrate legacy data to the DIAMONDS environment and validating the resultant databases and update database documentation. Although DIAMONDS is in a sustainment phase, new applications and enhancements are being developed and implemented within the fluent and changing nature of the IT commercial market. Candidate should have strong experience in implementing and supporting Oracle 11g and 12c databases. Responsible for all BAE reporting requirements as directed by the Program Manager (PM), including financial, compliance, and personnel. Direct management responsibility of all DIAMONDS staff as designated by the PM. Primary work location is Fort Belvoir, Virginia with only minor travel in the National Capitol Region.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Top Secret Clearance is required for the position and the ability to maintain the clearance.
- Retain 11G & 12C Oracle certification or have the ability to attain a 12C Oracle certification.
- Experience in all DBA-related tasks such as DB monitoring, backups/restores, DB refreshes (cloning, export/import), DB migrations, encryption, performance monitoring, IA compliance and trouble shooting.
- Have experience with Multi-tenancy and migrating/converting RAC 11g databases to 12c pluggable databases. Minimum 6 years as an Oracle DBA and proficient with Oracle upgrades, RAC, OEM, ASM, RAT, Data guard, and RMAN.
- Able to work independently within a team, receiving general direction with periodic work product reviews.
- Experience working with other team members and management
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree and 8+ years of related software and database systems experience.
- Experience using industry standard data distribution tools or equivalent tools to replicate / distribute data is preferred.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills to accommodate interaction with team members, and management.
- Have the ability to operate in a dynamic project environment and be flexible in that environment to meet project timelines.
- Skilled in supervising database work and administration
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top