Database Administrator II
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
Required Skills and Education
Ten (10) years experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Candidate shall also possess the following capabilities:
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Establish and maintain database user accounts
- Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
- Coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s
- Direct the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top