- Dulles, VA
Are you a Database Administrator who loves to solve problems? Are you excited about new technologies, seeking them out and yearning to learn more about them? Are you passionate about quality? Do you understand that there are always opportunities for improvement? If you can answer yes to these questions then you are the candidate we need!
As the Database Administrator you are responsible for the full software lifecycle with focus on database development. You are the are focal point for design, test, implementation and delivery of database objects to fulfill customer requirements. You will work with software and determine ways to organize and store data, identify user requirements, set up computer databases, test and coordinated modifications to the computer database system, ensure the performance of the system, understand the platform on which the database runs, and add new users to the system. You will also be responsible for planning and coordinating security measures to include integrity, backup, and overall database security.
- Work in agile team to design, prototype, develop, and document new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Design and develop database objects to support Java/JEE Web based applications and Domino applications
- Support application teams making database designs, loading, modifying and updating data
- Provide performance tuning of database queries and code
- Troubleshoot application issues and data related problems
- Work with application teams to troubleshoot connection related issues to include SSL configuration
- Provide database administration support to the Systems Administrators including database upgrades, backups, user creation, and SSL connections
- Evaluate new frameworks and contribute to technology selection
- Understand high level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs, documents, interface control documents, and architecture documents
- Brief design and technical approach solutions to the customer's Architecture and Engineering Review Board (AERB)
- Create quality code and perform code reviews of other team member's code
- Interact with customer stakeholders and build relationships
- Participate in the software requirements analysis, technical design, and implementation of applications based on functional specifications
- Collaborate with Product Manager to identify, prioritize, and document detailed product requirements
- Facilitate and guide initiatives for improving development processes
- Quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
- Develop Level of Effort (LOE) estimates for work assignments
- Help develop robust automated unit/functional test suites and development scripts
- Work with internal test teams on system, performance, and acceptance testing
- The candidate must have an Active Intel Security clearance with a Favorable Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL, SQL development experience
- Strong understanding of database connections including JDBC and ODBC
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills to present information to a diverse population (technical and non-technical).
- Ability to work well in independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working/collaborating with software engineering teams
- Experience with Oracle databases (10g, 11g versions)
- Experience with database tools such as SQL Developer, TOAD, DBArtisan
- Experience with Solaris, Linux, Windows environments
- Strong software engineering, development, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn Windows Systems Administration on a cross-function Agile Team
- Self-started with the ability to drive initiatives independently
- Ability to provide innovative solutions for routine issues and tasks
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python or similar advanced scripting languages
- Willingness to learn and implement Scrum framework, Lean principles, Agile engineering and DevOps
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top