BAE Systems is looking for a Database Administrator for the upcoming ESITE ISEO opportunity focused on maintaining the integrity, security and availability of multiple customer databases. Responsibilities include:
- Applying operating system, SQL Server, and database tool updates and security fixes to maintain STIG compliance and address security findings.
- Performing database backup, transaction management, and temporary database management such that application customer's OLA's are sustained or exceeded.
- Providing support for SQL Server and Power BI reporting services in to enterprise SQL Server systems.
- Providing high priority database administration support for infrastructure services including SharePoint, Identity Management, SCOM, SCCM, and Enterprise Vault.
- Managing roles, role assignments, and permissions as necessary for application owners.
- Providing proactive monthly analysis of existing SQL server systems including capacity, usage, applications supported, license management, service level status.
- Providing support and troubleshooting assistance to SQL Server tenants / application owners.
- Consolidating standalone SQL Server database into SQL enterprise services.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server implementations and technologies
- Experience with disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Experience with SharePoint, Identity Management, SCOM, SCCM, and Enterprise Vault
- Strong database development, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Candidate must hold a current Security+ or greater certification, and be enrolled in the Continuing Education (CE) program through CompTIA in accordance with DOD 8570.01-M.
- Self-starter with the ability to drive initiatives independently
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Willingness to learn and implement Scrum framework, Lean principles, Agile engineering and DevOps
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python or similar advanced scripting languages
- Understanding of Amazon RDS, Aurora, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle Databases, Redshift Warehouse Architecture, PowerBI Reporting
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top