Database Admin Sr
A Database Administrator (Level 3) will be responsible for day-to-day Operations, Maintenance, and Sustainment of the database resources support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The DBA will be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment. He or she will also be responsible for standard maintenance of the databases. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Annotate requests for change.
- Annotate discrepancies.
- Answer user's inquiries regarding database operations to resolve problems.
- Coordinate software upgrades and testing with various database contractors.
- Enter data into databases through applications provided by the sponsor.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain database data repositories.
- Manage, maintain and administer database systems performance and schedule activities.
- Plan for transition of the development and/or production environment to new technology.
- Recommend appropriate procedure, query or package change and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance.
- Serve as escalation point for junior network administrators for all issues related to the NMEC network environment
- Identify issues and create improvement processes to help with the reduction of incident outage times
- Develop and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the databases
- Review interpretation and application of company policies and procedures related to the maintenance of the NMEC databases
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve database operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top