Data Warehouse Engineer
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Database Design Engineers to design, model, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications within the Intelligence Community. Our team of engineers will analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develop technical, structural, and organizational specifications. The team will also create and recommend standards as well as do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
Supports Data Warehouse Manager. Analyzes all source intelligence data from multiple sources, develops business logic to apply during extraction and storage to structure data to support analysis and reporting, and optimizes performance for read operations. Works closely with GIS Scientist and GIS Technician to address analysis and reporting requirements, determine best ways to collate and optimize data, and identify tools that will assist and/or automate Analysts' work. Collaborates with Database Architect to develop Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) software, utilizing automation to ingest the data into the architecture with minimal user interaction.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to communicate technical concepts to non technical government program staff. Must be strong leader whose success comes from using the input and skills of all team members to chart a path to success.
- 10+ years of experience with programming and database scripting for large and complex information systems.
- 5+ years of experience with a data warehouse and processing platform technologies.
- Strong java development experience and skills and desire to continue programming solutions alongside the team being led.
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional certification strongly desired/significant plus.
- Agile development methodology training and certification as scrum master a plus.
- Senior level of experience more importan than years of experience.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top