Are you a critical thinker? Do you like to experiment with different types of data science methods to get to the best solution? Well, you are in luck. The Workforce Intelligence Team @ BAE Systems is looking for a Junior Data Scientist who has a passion for analyzing data and gleaming insights around business problems that will optimize future business decisions. Projects span from updating/maintaining a Flight Risk Model, supporting a Quality of Hire analysis, to assisting with the expansion of solving business specific questions around program execution, business development/winning, etc.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and creating high quality predictive models that will provide business leaders with insight and drive decision making. This position is part of the Workforce Intelligence team, an enthusiastic and highly productive advanced analytics team, where each employee has the opportunity to grow and make an impact. We provide a 9/80 schedule, an end-of-year week long paid shutdown and a 6% match, with immediate vesting, on 401(k) contributions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Must be a US persons. Sponsorship not available.
1. Degree in math, statistics, engineering, industrial organizational psychology, or related fields with a minimum of 6 years of experience.
2. Great communication and presentation skills, especially to those with limited or no statistical or math background
3. Excellent applied statistical skills, that include but not limited to:
a. The ability to manipulate data using data science tools
b. A knowledge of exploratory data analysis (i.e., how to make plots, discover patterns with visualizations, exploring assumptions, etc.)
c. Ability to create hypothesis and explore possible solutions
d. Skills to distinguish true from false patterns
4. Experience with common data science tools (i.e., R, Alteryx, Tableau, Python, etc.)
5. Experience with data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau, Microsoft BI, Qlickview, etc.)
6. Proficient in query language (i.e., SQL, Java, etc.)
7. Good applied statistical analysis techniques (i.e., distributions, statistical testing, logistic regression analysis, ROC curve, etc.)
8. Experience with creating and deciphering surveys (i.e., survey analytics background)
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Successfully understanding the problems from the customer's point of view in order to build and execute solid analytic work plans
2. A passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with a variety of stakeholders to improve business outcomes
3. Work collaboratively with subject matter experts to identify and refine key data science problems and challenges
4. Minimum of 5 years of experience in core analytics methods. These include, but not limited to, Comparison of Means, ANOVA, variable reduction, segmentation/clustering techniques, predictive modeling and Machine Learning (i.e., logistic regression, linear regression, random forest , etc.), time series analysis (i.e., ARIMA, ETS, VAR, etc.), text mining and unstructured data analytics, etc.
5. Demonstrate familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools (i.e., R, Tableau, Alteryx, Python, SQL, etc.)
6. Practical examples of using applied analytics for business problem solving (i.e., flight risk, quality of hire, sentiment analysis, forecasting, etc.)
7. An understanding of surveys and survey analytics
8. Great communication and presentation skills; the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner the outcomes of the analytics work to a non
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top