The Data Scientist will support the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's Maritime Safety Office. The analyst must be knowledgeable on how to acquire, analyze, compile, and disseminate maritime safety information and intelligence to populate and update nautical databases to support the List of Lights (LoL) publications. Work includes referencing source material to update publications, updating and/or writing new entries, submitting work through the QA/QC process, and meeting deadlines. Attention to detail is critical. Candidate must have knowledge and familiarity with Notice to Mariners. Must be able to balance various projects in a self-driven environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
3 to 10 years of programming skills
- Ability to write scripts including Python and JAVA scripts.
- Superior knowledge of feature data services and data modelling.
- Superior knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcServer.
- Superior knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Superior knowledge of data format conversion.
- Knowledge of coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM) and their conversions.
- Knowledge of projections and their properties and conversions.
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to portray features)
- Knowledge of generalization rules.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with data quality control tools including ArcGIS Data ReViewer.
- Proficient with ESRI Workflow Manager WMX and TAM.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated ability in writing SQL
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Access databases
- Understanding of cloud architecture
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top