Data Science Support Analyst (Journeyman)
- McLean, VA
BAE Systems is seeking to hire multiple Journeyman Data Science Support Analysts to help support counterterrorism intelligence integration on a multifaceted U.S. Government program. The Journeyman Data Science Support Analyst will leverage numerous analytic tools and databases to evaluate information that bolsters the U.S. Government's response to and prevention of potential threats to the homeland and interests abroad.
The Journeyman Data Science Support Analyst is responsible for constructing scripts and configuring controls to support analysts performing repeatable complex database queries in multiple databases. This role is responsible for creating automated-scripting to assist analysts with data discovery. Responsibilities include working independently and collaboratively to identify and implement solutions.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Degree : BA/BS in a technical field such as mathematics, engineering, or computer science (6 years of work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree)
- Experience supporting complex data science and analytic projects
- Experience/knowledge of computer science concepts including programming, statistics, data architecture, and data analytics
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative content analytics
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Detail-oriented with a proficiency for researching, analyzing, and prioritizing intelligence reports and cables
- Ability to work with IC tools and databases
- Strong problem-solving, analytic, and written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to accurately follow SOPs
- Ability to work shift work/extended hours
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of intelligence analysis and experience with synthesizing large amounts of data
- Familiarity with analytic tools; experience with constructing and performing complex database search queries across multiple databases
- Proficiency with software applications/databases used in support of research and analysis for the U.S. Government
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top