Data Engineer (Master)
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be a part of the team that solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. Are you one of the many who finds solving Security challenges personally rewarding? The Intelligence and Security Sector is searching for a Data Engineer. This role ensures high quality data is available for use by other team members. This role designs, implements, and maintains standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, APIs, RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce work products.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must have BS and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Position requires on-site performance in the WMA
- Position requires a clearance with polygraph, must be eligible for crossover, and must meet the intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 704, Personnel Security
- Position requires personnel have U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with the Intelligence Community preferred
- This role designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including "big data" sources.
- This role develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate datasets.
- This role analyzes the requirements and evaluates technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems. Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- This role develops information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
- Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top