Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer in the Sterling VA that can perform the following:
• Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
• Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs
• Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
• Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments
• Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
•Support the building of security architectures
•Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
•Assess and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
•Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
•Review certification and accreditation *C&A) Documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
•Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operations IA and CND systems.
•Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion; detection, contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Capabilities: Advocate and recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements. Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy. Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives. Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity. Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integrateion of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
Preferred Skills and Education
In addition to 8570 requirements, the nominee must:
- High School Diploma/GED plus 12 years of relevant experience
- Associate Degree plus 10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree plus 8 years of relevant experience
- Masters Degree plus 6 years of relevant experience
- PhD plus 4 years of relevant experience
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top