Cybersecurity Solution Architect
The Cyber Security Solution Architect will be a program wide technical resource and thought leader on IT and/or embedded weapon system security technologies and practices for agile and innovative cyber solutions. The Cyber Solutions Architect will assist with evaluating and establishing the information security strategy and program, with responsibilities including creating/reviewing strategy & policy, implementing Cyber/information security architectures and standards, meeting regulatory compliance, and risk identification and mitigation. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the development, documentation, implementation, and communication of a Cyber/information security strategy and policies for the customer (including both IT and Embedded Weapon System solutions)
- Own the development of solutions for Cyber/information security opportunities ensuring the security solutions align with business/program needs, architecture, and technical standards
- Assist with the development, implementation, and management of security controls, processes, and policies based on analysis, research, and recommendations
- Determine regulatory compliance requirements and ensure security solutions meet expectations
- Define and design an overall Cyber/information security architecture to address internal/external threats as well as all platforms
- Work with program leadership and operations to understand proper Cyber/Information security architectural needs of customers and meet with customers as necessary to vet solutions
- Proactively review and analyze new or proposed Cyber/information security systems, tools and methodologies, assessing their risk and their value in support of security strategy and solutions
- Consult with business leadership and customers regarding options/ideas on improving cost/approach to security
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the administration of Cyber/information security tools that control and monitor information security,
- Recommend and design security controls to support the data security needs of systems being implemented
- Stay up-to-date on relevant security trends. Develop and maintain a network of contacts that can provide information
- Conduct research and a 2-5 year planning road map to ensure the organization is continually aware of industry trends, and best practices to propose new technology and tools investments
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience thinking strategically and communicating effectively at the most senior levels of government (customer) and program management (company) to articulate the understanding of their mission needs and requirements, and to communicate the value and benefit of solutions
- Demonstrated track record of providing strong competent technical leadership on multiple Cyber/Information security projects
- Experience leading Cyber/information security technical solution development, in particular, CONOPS and enterprise/system architecture using leading systems engineering methodologies including architecture frameworks, SysML or UML, for system integration, support, maintenance, and sustainment
- Experience collaborating across customer and contractor organizations, participating in industry forums and conferences, writing and presenting technical papers.
- Knowledge of architecture, design, and system engineering of mission critical weapon systems and enterprise systems
- Knowledge and understanding of systems engineering processes, industrial engineering, and supply chain systems
- Knowledge of system development methodologies including requirement engineering, configuration management, technical baseline management, cost estimating and analysis, and decision support methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, including scope, cost and schedule, and resource management
- Expertise and hands-on experience with engineering development environment and industry-leading MBSE tools, software development tools, and PLM systems
- Minimum of four years of experience effectively leading security requirements gathering, design, and deployment of solutions.
- Broad expertise in developing cyber security concepts, practices, procedures and assessing impacts on business operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Hands-on Cyber/information security experience with security architecture, network security, and/or computing platform security to include application security, vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention, log management/SEIM, web filtering, use of firewalls access control lists, and Computer and Network Forensics.
- Knowledge of Cyber/Information Security Frameworks and Standards (ISO, COBIT, NIST, etc.)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top