Cybersecurity Manager II
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Manager to lead the Western Development Center (WDC) cybersecurity team. This position has overall responsibility for ensuring that appropriate policies, standards, procedures and automated mechanisms, designed to appropriately protect the security of information are documented, followed and implemented.
The WDC cybersecurity team supports cybersecurity compliance assessment, monitoring, CNO, CND and CNE for current and future weapon systems, government IS and commercial IS.
The successful candidate will have a broad experience base in Information Technologies and Cybersecurity and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the energy and motivation to make a difference.
● Development of security and privacy policies (in conjunction with IT governance and other policy development groups) that embody industry best practices.
● Perform management functions associated with leadership of the WDC, including the hiring, evaluating, training, performance management, salary administration, mentorship, development and retention of staff.
● Plan, coordinate and report responses to security events or violations. This includes coordination of activities related to containment, forensics, management notification, interaction with appropriate offices and agencies.
● Prepare and present training activities, materials, and awareness programs that encourage proper security practices and prepare the organization for security events.
● Validate that activities and controls enacted to secure information and continually assessed. Evaluate gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business process, technical controls, or policy improvements.
● Build collaborative internal relationships with R&D and sustainment efforts as well as external relationships with regulatory bodies, other agencies, universities, and business partners as well as local and national security groups (i.e. SAN, CERT, etc.).
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Min Education and Experience:
BS/BA and 15+ years relevant experience
MS/MA and 13+ years relevant experience
Requires at least 8 years of management experience with a history of progressive responsibility; and no less than 4 of those years in an IS related capacity and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communications skills required.
Prior experience working with Senior Management, both internal and external, including technical and business based briefings.
Preferred Skills and Education Preference will be given to applicants with the following qualifications:
● Candidate should have a minimum of four years of experience in an IS related capacity that includes a general understanding of application programming and design, data base design, networking components (switching, routing, wireless technologies, etc.), security components (firewalls, intrusion detection engines, etc.), computer operations, and operating system maintenance.
● Candidates with an active security clearance.
● Industry accepted certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA.
● A general understanding of the DoD environment, and familiarity with government agency reviews and audits
● The ability to assess the effects and requirements of government regulations and the ability to interpret that information for business leaders.
● Excellent written and oral communications skills, including high-level presentation abilities.
● The ability to mediate contentious situations and develop consensus.
● A demonstrated history building bridges across organizational boundaries and the ability to communicate with technical as well as non-technical persons in management across a large, complex organization. They will be a transparent leader with high integrity, capable of building strong, trusting relationships.
● The candidate must have deep knowledge and experience with security and regulatory compliance as well as external audits, and a proven record of creating and implementing a successful multi-year information security program in a complex environment.
● Demonstrated experience in fulfilling the responsibilities found in the job description. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top