Cybersecurity Analyst II
BAE Systems is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to serve as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in support of the Air Force's Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This is a long-term program which is anticipated to remain operational until 2075.
This position will work with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to develop Risk Management Framework (RMF) Authority to Operate (ATO) packages. This includes the assessment of cybersecurity controls, identification of vulnerabilities, development and implementation of mitigation plans, security impact assessments, and documentation of findings. The position performs assessments to validate established security requirements, recommends additional security controls and safeguards, supports the formal testing required by government accrediting authorities, prepares System Security Plans, updates Plans of Action and Milestones, reviews system audits, and monitors corrective actions until actions are closed.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference. Knowledge and experience with the DoD's Cybersecurity processes (DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF)) is a plus.
- Under direction of the ISSM, performs duties as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for maintaining the appropriate operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Assist the ISSM in refining cybersecurity requirements, integrating requirements into system designs, ensuring compliance with government cybersecurity requirements, and obtaining an ATO.
- Continually assesses activities and controls enacted to secure information. Assess gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, and policy improvements.
- Assist in the development of security policies, plans, and procedures to meet government regulations and industry best practices.
Build collaborative internal relationships with program and project teams, as well as external relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, other agencies and business partners.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree (typically Computer Science, Information Technologies, etc.) and 3 years directly related work experience; education requirement may be waived for equivalent experience).
- Security+ or equivalent certification per DoD Directive 8570.1 or ability to obtain such within 6 months of being hired
- Knowledge of computer networks, components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Demonstrate effective communications skills in both writing and verbally
- ISSO or relevant cybersecurity experience
- Experience with security evaluations, risk and control assessments
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Cybersecurity or Information Technology fields
- General understanding of computer networks, hardware, databases, applications, security components, computer operations, and operating system maintenance
- Technical certifications such as Security+, CySA+, GICSP, SSCP or similar DoD 8570 IAT II baseline certifications
- Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret
- Understanding of the DoD environment and familiarity with government agency reviews and audits
- The ability to mediate differing perspectives and develop consensus relating to cybersecurity principles and regulations.
- An individual with high integrity and capable of building strong, trusting relationships
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top